Here's a quick last minute Mother's day gift perfect for any Mom or Grandma!!
Supplies - all bought at my local dollar store!
(1) piece of card stock for the flower (this will be the colored piece to trace your child's hand on)
(1) green piece of card stock - this you will use for the stem and leaves
(1) dollar store vase of your choice!.. Yes, I said Dollar store!
paint- I bought my paint at the dollar store
paint brushes - I used left over brushes from watercolor sets
Mother's Day Flower Vase
- Have your child paint the vase however they want! There is no right way to this!
- Let the vases dry
The artist at work!
Notice both times I tried to get her working she was playing in the paint water!
- trace your child's hand on the colored piece of card stock
- cut your child's hand out
- take your green card stock piece and cut in half
- take one half and roll the paper to make the stem
- use the other half to cut your leaves out. You will want to adjust your leaves according to your child's hand size.
- Take the hand cut and pinch the bottom of the hand to make the flower
- staple the hand to the stem piece
- cut out your leaves and staple the leaves around the hand.
** all of my pieces I just stapled to the stem or flower**
Trace your child's hand